The time has come to find speakers and workshop leaders for the first ever Support Driven Exposition (SDX)!
For SDX, our focus is on actionable takeaways. The entire event is designed to provide our community the skills and knowledge to take their skills to the next level. Every session should have clear takeaways that can be applied right away.
We are anticipating hundreds of attendees, which means that every session will have the opportunity to have a real impact on dozens of companies.
To help our community level up, we’re organizing two flavors of sessions, your classic Talks: one-to-many arrangements common to conferences and trade shows worldwide, and Workshops: a more interactive experience where attendees can really get their hands dirty.
- Are 15-20 minutes long
- Include action items that attendees can take back to their company
- Tie into the theme of leveling up; you want your Talk to provide next steps, and get folks riled up to accomplish something new.
- Are 30-45 minutes long
- Provide attendees the opportunity to get their hands dirty engaging in a new tool, process, or other activity that can help them level up.
- Are primarily group or individual activity based; participation is the key ingredient to a workshop’s success.
What you’ll get as a session leader
- A complimentary conference ticket.
- An invitation to the speaker appreciation event.
Your commitments if you get invited to speak
- You (or your employer) will cover your travel and accommodation costs.
- You will follow our code of conduct.
- We may use your name and photo to promote the conference.
- We may record your talk and slides (audio, video, photography) for use in social media, marketing, sales and distribution.
- February 28 – Proposal Form Opens
- May 4th – Proposal Form Closed
- May 11th – You’ll hear from us about your proposal, either way
- May 19th – Photos due
- July 7th – Final slides and supplementary material due.
- July 22nd – THE FIRST EVER SUPPORT DRIVEN EXPO
The proposal process is open to all – proposals will be anonymized and reviewed by our organizers. Feel free to submit more than one proposal if you have more than one idea for a talk. You can get a sense of what the community is interested in by taking a look at these survey results!
If you’re ready to help the Support Driven community grow professionally and improve personally, and you’re stoked to join us in Portland in July, submit your talk or workshop session using the form below!