The focus of sessions at SD Expo is on actionable takeaways. Attendees are looking to develop their skills and knowledge. Every session should have clear takeaways that can be applied when attendees return to work.
We are anticipating hundreds of attendees, which means you will have the opportunity to have a real impact on dozens of companies.
Sessions are tied to 1 of 12 tracks and come in two formats – talks and workshops. Talks are one-to-many arrangements that you’ve probably seen or spoken at before. Workshops are interactive and activity based where attendees are working through your ideas.
- Essentials Of Support
- Moving To Management
- Running The Support Department
- Customer Success
- Support Engineering
- Trust, Safety, And Security
- Support Communities
- Knowledge Management
- Company Culture
- Working With Data
- Career Development
- What’s Next In Support
- 15-20 minutes long
- Include action items that attendees can take back to work
- Tie into one of the 12 tracks
- 45 minutes long
- Focused on one part of a larger topic, with one key take away (think of it as one plate in a multi course meal)
- Group or individual activity based; participation is the key ingredient to a workshop’s success.
Your commitments if you get invited to present
- You (or your employer) will cover your travel and accommodation costs.
- You will follow our code of conduct.
- We may use your name and photo to promote the conference.
- We may record your talk and slides (audio, video, photography) for use in social media, marketing, sales and distribution.
- February 1 – Proposal Form Opens
- March 5 – Proposal Form Closed
- March 12 – You’ll hear from us about your proposal, either way
- June 1 – Final slides and supplementary material due.
- June 21 and 22 – SD Expo!
Would your proposal benefit from feedback by someone who has spoken at a conference before? Represent is our program to increase speaker diversity at conferences and it could help your proposal shine.
The proposal process is open to all. Feel free to submit more than one proposal if you have more than one idea to share. If you’re ready to share your experiences and ideas, use this form to propose your idea!