Hi everyone! I started reading Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High last week. When I mentioned something I’d learned from it to Scott, he said, “I’d like to read that, too. Maybe we could carve out some time every few chapters to discuss it.”
We figured there must be others in the community who’d like to join in the fun, so let’s do a book club! We’ll cover the book in 4 sessions, with each session covering 2-3 chapters. Starting September 14, sessions will take place on alternating Fridays at 10am Pacific/1pm Eastern:
- Sep 14: Chapters 1-3
- Sep 28: Chapters 4-6
- Oct 12: Chapters 7-9
- Oct 26: Chapters 10-11
If you’d like to join in, DM me in the Support Driven Slack (@andreabadgley) and I’ll send you a calendar invitation with a Zoom link. We will record these sessions for publication on the blog for folks who aren’t able to join live.
I’ll run the first session, which will cover chapters 1-3 of Crucial Conversations. We’d love this to be a community project, so If you’d be interested in leading a session, please DM me and I’ll slot you in. If you need to purchase the book and would like to support SD in the process, please use this affiliate link for the paperback: Crucial Conversations Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High, Second Edition (or this one for the Kindle edition).
These are the typical discussion questions to expect in the call:
- Anything in particular that came up for you that you wanted to bring to the group?
- What did you find the most surprising or interesting about the chapters?
- What new things did you learn?
- What will you do differently as a result of reading this?
- What questions do you still have?
- What else have you read on this topic, and would you recommend these books to others?
- What do you think about the author’s research? Was it easy to see where the author got his or her information? Were the sources credible?
- Did the book change your opinion or perspective about anything?
If you’re not in the Support Driven Slack yet, join us here. I can’t wait to talk about this book with y’all!