2019 was another hallmark year for Support Driven Leadership Summit, and we can’t wait to do it again!
We’re now accepting proposals to speak at the Support Driven Leadership Summit: Startup Edition in Portland, OR on April 1-2, 2020!
Who is the intended audience for SD Leadership Summit: Startup Edition?
- This is for people who are interested in topics relevant to startup and small organizations
- Do you have to be a small company to present (or attend)? No
- What are some of the problems or questions that these people have?
All presentations need to align with one of these themes:
- Potential topics: conflict resolution, people management, hiring, feedback
- Potential topics: mentorship, growth, professional development
- Potential topics: culture, change management, working with teams, working with executives
- Potential topics: metrics, data, forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, scaling
Call For Proposals (CFP): Case-studies and Talks
SD Leadership Summit will include two types of presentations: In-depth case studies and talks.
Leadership Summit case studies:
- Are 45 minutes long.
- Introduce a challenging scenario that you, the speaker, have faced.
- Incorporate small group problem-solving activities based on your scenario for attendees (we’ll help you with this) Include an element of story, specifically: how you approached the situation in your circumstance, and what the outcome was.
- Include action items that attendees can take back to their company
Leadership Summit Talks:
- Share the context and experience of the speaker.
- Are no longer than 20 minutes.
What you will get as a speaker
If we accept your application and you complete the weekly tasks outlined below, you’ll present at Support Driven Leadership Summit on April 1-2 at Revolution Hall in Portland, OR.
You will receive:
- 1 complimentary pass to Summit for yourself.
- 1 coupon for $200 off the regular ticket price to the conference for you to share with friends, colleagues, and any professional audiences (social media, newsletters, etc.)
- Mentoring and guidance to develop your ideas, story, presentation, and conversation starters.
While we are unable to accommodate travel and lodging for speakers, we hope that you will find value in the benefits of sharing with the Support Driven community in some of these ways:
- Give back to the Support Driven Community
- A venue to share your knowledge and showcase your personal brand
- Personal or company recognition
- Networking and other career opportunities
If your proposal is accepted but you would find it difficult to attend due to travel costs, please let us know and we will do our best to help make it happen.
In appreciation of your willingness to apply to speak at Summit, if you apply but are not selected to speak, we will share a special discount code with you to receive your ticket for $200 off the full ticket price.
You agree that if we accept your application:
- You will commit to the milestone deadlines outlined below.
- You will participate in regular check-ins with your Talk Editor.
- You (or your employer) will cover your travel and accommodation costs.
- You will follow our Code of Conduct.
- We may use your name and photo to promote the conference.
- We may record your talk and slides (audio, video, photography) for use in social media, marketing, sales, and distribution.
- November 21, 2019: Call for proposals opens.
- December 20, 2019: Call for proposals to close at 11:59pm PST.
- January 7, 2020: We will notify up as to whether your proposal has been accepted or not.
- March 16, 2020: Final slides due.
- April 1-2, 2020: Leadership Summit Startup Edition in Portland, OR.
How to apply
To complete the application form:
- Write a brief pitch that summarizes your session in a few sentences and that addresses what others will learn from it. Here is a great resource from Support Driven community member Lisa Hunt about how to write your pitch.
- Submit the required materials via the CFP form before December 20.
Speaker applications close December 20, 2019.