JUNE 21-22, 2018 PORTLAND, OREGON
Helping You Take the Next Step in Customer Support
For mobile schedules and maps get the Expo app!
Download Attendify for free, search for Support Driven Expo, and click Join.
Support Driven Expo is for:
- Support professionals looking to learn a new skill or develop an existing one. Learn best practices, from essential support skills to working with data, and everything in between.
- Leaders of support teams and departments motivated to move their teams forward and to prepare for what’s next in customer support. There are no easy answers in leadership. See how different companies solve problems similar to yours.
- People who are curious about a career in customer support. Feel welcome in an inclusive environment to learn how people in support are building their careers, and see if a career in support is right for you.
- People who support diversity and inclusion in customer support. Diversity and inclusion benefits all of us and this is a place to share and learn from each other’s experiences.
Please take a minute to review our Code of Conduct for the Support Driven community.
TALKS AND WORKSHOPS
Talks and workshops at Expo are brought to you with support situations and perspectives in mind so you can apply them right away. You’ll hear how diverse organizations, from e-commerce to SaaS to nonprofits and more, handle the same types of challenges you face.
Think of the Genius Bar with some of the smartest and most knowledgeable companies in customer support. Our trade show sponsors work with hundreds of companies solving very specific problems. You can benefit from their experience by booking a time to discuss your challenges.
Featured support bar – Incident response audit with Statuspage
We’re big believers and supporters of customer support as a career. The career unconference provides a time and space to explore different themes such as:
- Getting started in customer support
- Being a woman in this industry
- Moving into management
- Being a person of color in this industry
- Moving into senior leadership
The unconference gathers the people most interested in these themes to decide the topics they want to talk about.
Hundreds of people from the Support Driven community will be coming to Expo. It’s an opportunity to gather around common interests like food, coffee, beer, and more for those arriving early or staying after the conference. Got an idea for a meet up? Tell us about it!
Featured meetup – The Pre-Expo Hike
HOW TO EXPO
You don’t need to go to every talk and workshop – also, it’s not possible since there are several of them happening at the same time. Look through the schedule of events before you arrive or while you are eating or taking a break. Figure out which sessions you want to see the most. Spread out your time between sessions, support bar, career unconference, networking, and breaks.
Speaking of breaks – conferences are exhilarating, but can also be exhausting. Give your brain a break! Grab a quiet spot in one of the many nooks in the Pavilion, spend some time at the library next door, or take a quick walk. Come back invigorated.
We’ll be updating the schedule frequently as we finalize the details. Personalize and plan your time at Expo with community meetups, sessions, and more!
Community meetups are informal get togethers before and after the session on Thursday and Friday. It’s a great way to spend some time meeting fellow support professionals if you’re arriving early on Wednesday or staying after on Saturday. We’re working with different folks to set them up so check back for updates.
June 21-22, 2018
Wednesday, June 20Community-led meetups
Thursday, June 21, 9-5pmSCHEDULE
Friday, June 22, 9-5pm SCHEDULE
Saturday, June 23Community-led meetups
TALKS AND WORKSHOPS
How To Automate AND Sound Like a Human
Self Care Matters For Remote Teams: A Manager’s Guide For Why and How
CSAT: It’s almost dead
Negotiate All The Things
So, are you ready to start a customer success team?
Advanced Tetris: Solving Your Remote Team’s Weekend Staffing Puzzle
Wanda L. Scott
Leadership – Fostering Accountability, Adaptability & Resilience
Finding the right data to make the product team take action
5 Tips to Increase Employee Participation in Your Community
Measure All The Things: Optimizing your daily workflow with data
How to Take Care of Each Other: Supporting Support Teams
Curiosity: Death to cats, life to support
JOIN THESE COMPANIES AT EXPO
Grounded Solutions Network
PDX Women in Tech
Pixel Union Ltd
Portland State University
Vernier Software & Technology
You Need A Budget