Location: East coast US or GMT timezone
Abstract is looking for someone to help us full-time in customer support to handle support issues for our customers, that are often technical. This person must be available to provide coverage for our EU-based customers.
- 6am–3pm EST
- 9am–5pm GMT
We consider the following things to be critical to your success…
To start as a Support Specialist at Abstract, it’s essential you’re able to excel at troubleshooting software bugs. Did you teach yourself, go to coding camps, or even take several computer science courses in school? Some combination of these things? Awesome. Read on.
You won’t have too much overlap with the engineering team so we need someone who can be fairly self-sufficient in this regard. This will help you work independently and will strengthen the weaknesses of the support team. You’ll report to the Head of Support.
You should also be the kind of person who…
- Has a way with words and can write well in English (and other known languages). Grammar, punctuation, and spelling skills are very important—even if they’re aided by a Google search.
- Loves to solve puzzles. Bugs are puzzles and you find that they’re challenging and fun.
- Resolving problems for human beings makes you happy. Though we’re a tech company, we really emphasize the importance of making our users’ professional lives easier and treating one another like human beings.
We will teach you how to…
- Clearly communicate technical issues to our customers and our software engineers
- Gather relevant information from our users so you can reproduce bugs and report the reproduction steps to our engineering team
- Provide human support by personalizing correspondence with our users
- Ensure our users feel welcomed when they contact us for help
- Actively reduce user workload by anticipating questions before they are asked
- Review logs to locate the potential source of bugs
Speaking of bonus qualities, here are some more that could seal the deal…
- You can read logs to help identify potential sources of the bugs you investigate—and you’re passionate about learning how to fix bugs, too.
- Design is a secret (or not so secret!) love of yours. Most of our users are designers and we’re building a product to improve their workflows. Interest in design could definitely help you understand our community.
- You’re a digital citizen meaning your interest in technology has permeated your life. You’re digitally literate and you have opinions about things like best password practices or net neutrality.
- You’re fluent in another language, like French, German, Dutch, or Swedish.
- You know when it’s time to put the screens away to focus on the humans or furry friends in your life.
We can offer…
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, vision
- A company issued Apple computer
- Ability to work anywhere, as long as you have a decent internet connection and can work during our specified hours
To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and a completed writing assessment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to ditch the standard cover letter format.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.goabstract.com/careers/index.html#support-specialist →