Technical Support Engineer
Abstract is looking for someone to help us full-time in customer support to handle technical support issues for our customers. You should have experience in a similar role with a software development team who can lead this vital aspect of our support operations. You’ll work with the Head of Support.
In a typical week as a Technical Support Engineer, you would…
- Triage support issues to prioritize bugs
- Resolve technical issues directly with our customers
- Write, file, and prioritize bug reports
- Collaborate with engineers about bug fixes
- Organize new feature training sessions between support, design, and engineering
- Test new builds for quality assurance
- Serve as support point-person to organize beta lists for new feature releases
- Manage release notes and other customer-facing communication about technical issues
We consider the following things to be critical to your success…
- You can look at bug behavior, understand its general mechanics, and recommend appropriate troubleshooting steps to customers.
- You can read and evaluate debug reports, and gather meaningful details from customers.
- You’re able to clearly communicate with customers and engineering about issues at various priority levels.
- You have a way with words and can write well in English. Grammar, punctuation, and spelling skills are very important.
- You love to solve puzzles. Bugs are puzzles that are challenging and fun.
- Resolving problems makes you happy. Though we’re a tech company, we really emphasize the importance of making our users’ professional lives easier and treating one another like human beings.
We consider the following things to be helpful to your success…
- You have an academic background in computer science
- Design is a secret (or not so secret!) love of yours. Most of our users are designers and we’re building a product to improve their workflows. Interest in design could definitely help you understand our community.
- You’re fluent in another language, like French, German, Dutch, or Swedish.
- You know when it’s time to put the screens away to focus on the humans or furry friends in your life.
For your application, feel free to ditch the standard cover letter format. You can address your cover letter to Coley.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.goabstract.com/careers/index.html#technical-support-engineer →