WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
We’re a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission. We’re excited to grow this team and get ready to take on even bigger challenges as we look toward 2020 and beyond.
You would be joining a fully remote Donor Support Team nested in the Customer Service Department. We are a diverse group of people with bright minds, different backgrounds, and a variety of skill sets. We believe that diversity creates a stronger team, brings more ideas to the table, and allows us to approach solutions from different angles.
The Donor Support Team is a critical piece of ActBlue’s work to democratize power in this country through small-dollar fundraising and empowering donors. This rapidly growing team supports our donors seven days per week, 365 days per year, and has remote team members across the country from Portland, Maine to Portland, Oregon. They help donors and offer efficient, accurate, and friendly service in every interaction.
To achieve our goals and continue providing the best support in the business, we are looking for several Donor Support Associates to join us. This team will work on the front line of support, serving millions of small-dollar donors giving through ActBlue.
- Provide day-to-day donor support.
- Respond to incoming email messages.
- Transcribe voicemails and return phone calls.
- Monitor a queue of contributions needing further review.
- Proactively provide donor support and outreach as needed.
- Tackle other tasks and projects as assigned by Donor Support Managers.
- A great communicator: You’ll be in contact with many people every day — candidates for this position should enjoy constant communication not just with our donors but also with their teammates.
- Comfortable going solo: While you’ll be working in a larger team, most of your day-to-day work will be independently driven and managed.
- Experienced in customer service: We’d love to bring someone on board who has experience with and enjoys providing customer support to people on a daily basis.
- Highly detailed: You proofread, reread, and triple-check your work. You understand that details play a large role in setting a project up for success.
- Goal-oriented: We have goals as a team and we work hard to consistently meet and exceed.
- Organized and efficient over the phone and via email: The person in this role will be responding to a high volume of emails and calls each day and will regularly be problem-solving with customers over the phone.
- A strong tracker: This role will be responsible for monitoring, tracking, and appropriately escalating possible technical issues.
YOU WILL SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE IF:
- You have a passion for helping people and show this with empathy, compassion, and humor (we love GIFs!).
- You’re productive working from home and like using technology to work smarter and more efficiently.
- You are comfortable with change, growth, and a fast-paced environment.
- You like making connections with your teammates and thrive by giving and receiving peer-to-peer support.
- Diversity, Inclusivity, and Equity are some of your favorite words.
- You bring a hands-on, solution-oriented approach to feedback and challenges.
- You are creative and able to think outside of the box.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
This is a fully remote position. ActBlue offers generous, competitive hourly compensation, and provides fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance and an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan. ActBlue will also provide the technology and hardware needed to do the job.
At this time, ActBlue is only authorized to hire staff in the following states: Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, Virginia, Washington DC
We will only consider applications from people who will be working remotely full time from one of those states.
We are looking for folks with interest in and availability for a non-traditional full-time (40 hours) work schedule, including weekends and hours outside the EST business day. Please let us know in your cover letter what your general availability is. This position requires a commitment through January 2021.
ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.