WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
We’re a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission. We’re excited to grow this team and get ready to take on even bigger challenges as we look toward 2020 and beyond.
The Customer Service Team’s role is to serve as the front line of support for ActBlue. Team members are the chief brand ambassadors to millions of small-dollar donors giving through ActBlue and campaign and organization administrators using our tools. The Admin Support Assistant will be a member of a small team that offers efficient, accurate, and friendly assistance to donors, grassroots organizers, and campaign and organization administrators who contact ActBlue via email and phone.
This is an entry-level position on the Customer Service Team, geared toward a solution-oriented individual with good judgment and a passion for customer support.
The Admin Support Assistant will be responsible for fielding support inquiries via email and over the phone and will be a regular point of contact in assisting campaigns with direct donor support. This position involves resolving a variety of questions and requests in a timely fashion, so attention to detail, efficiency, and good judgment are a necessity. The ideal candidate will have a desire to learn the ins and outs of our platform and how both donors and campaign and organization administrators interact with our tools.
Assist with administrative tasks such as:
- Maintaining shared refund spreadsheets
- Processing all incoming snail mail from donors
- Updating customer profile data
- Field incoming support requests from donors, grassroots fundraisers, and campaign and organization administrators
- Work with campaigns and organizations to manage donor-related requests.
- Act as a resource for donors and groups on a variety of questions about using ActBlue’s platform
Monitor incoming requests over the weekends — ensuring that no time sensitive or urgent requests are missed
- Be involved with the internship program, which is housed within the Customer Service Team, with the opportunity to grow into an intern supervisor
- A great communicator: You’ll be in contact with various people every day — candidates for this position should enjoy constant communication and have a passion for helping people.
- Comfortable going solo: While you’ll be working on a team, most of your day-to-day work will be independently driven and managed.
- Experience in customer service: We’d love to bring someone on board who has experience with and enjoys providing customer support to people on a daily basis.
- Highly detailed: You proofread, reread, and triple-check your work. You understand that details play a large role in setting a project up for success.
- A troubleshooter: Creativity, patience, and a helpful attitude are crucial when helping the people we work with solve problems and get the information they need.
- Goal-oriented: We have goals as a team that we work hard to consistently meet and exceed.
Organized and efficient over the phone and via email: The person in this role will be responding to a high volume of emails and calls each day and will regularly be problem solving with customers over the phone.
- Mission-driven: Our online fundraising technology makes it easy for more supporters to participate in the political process every day. We need people who are passionate about furthering this work and providing the best service to every campaign and organization that we work with.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
ActBlue’s office is located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston’s MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time, in-office, salaried position. We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes commuter benefits; fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance; an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan; and a flexible time off policy.
This position includes some night and weekend coverage throughout the year.
ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.