Website Avocado Green Brands
Customer Advocacy Specialist
Remote (We are currently considering candidates for our remote CA Team in the following states: CA, NJ, NC, IA, TN, GA, VA, OR , FL)
Note: The schedule for this role requires working weekends!
Reports to: Customer Advocacy Team Lead
We’re Seeking an Extraordinary Customer Advocacy Specialist!
The mission of Avocado is to be the most respected source for green home products at affordable prices — while maintaining environmentally conscious, ethical and sustainable business practices — to help safeguard your health and protect our planet.
The goal of our Customer Experience Team is simple yet lofty: to provide the best customer service experience in the world while advancing sustainable practices and cultivating personal development in the process. We operate as a small, fast-paced, and tight-knit team where your individual contributions will have a lasting impact.
The primary responsibilities of this role revolve around developing meaningful relationships with our customers in order to provide responsive, thoughtful, and unparalleled service. You will be challenged to think outside the box, to go above and beyond, and to make decisions on-the-fly in the best interest of our customers. In this spirit, we’re always open to new ideas and feedback that will help improve our approach and process.
What you’ll do:
- Provide and create a personalized, positive and effortless experience for the Avocado community
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Leadership and other teams to ensure a cohesive experience voice
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills with a diverse customer base
- Provide excellent customer service through various channels, including Zendesk, Intercom and phone
- Take part in projects (on ad hoc basis) supporting departmental standards of excellence
- Serve as a brand ambassador and expert in brand tone and feel as it relates to communicating with consumers
- Share thoughtful insights with leadership, marketing, and technology teams regarding the overall product, customer experience and service-related trends
- Communicate and respond to customers who have questions or need assistance in a variety of areas (product information, order updates, issue resolution, etc)
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years of customer service experience preferred.
- 2+ years of experience using a CRM tool such as Intercom or Zendesk required.
- Strong sense of empathy — really great at establishing connections with people!
- Stable and Reliable high-speed internet connection.
- Reliable laptop or desktop.
- Ability to adapt to change — we’re a startup that prides itself on innovation, so change is inevitable!
- Dependable, professional, enthusiastic and flexible
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
We celebrate difference at Avocado. Difference is an invaluable asset — different perspectives, different cultures, different backgrounds. Our difference reflects our humanity and enables us to better handle whatever challenges come our way.
Avocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of actual or perceived age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, familial status, family responsibilities, gender identity/expression, genetic information, marital status, matriculation, national origin, personal appearance, political affiliation, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com