Braintree, a PayPal service
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We’re looking for an exceptional team player that can sell our payments platform to SMB merchants in our supported countries, while also supporting merchants through the application review process. This role will give you great insight to Braintree’s product and the entire organization’s operations, helping lay the foundation to a career with Braintree. While on the application specialist team, you’ll learn the ins and outs of our complex business while supporting new businesses around the world launch their e-commerce and m-commerce operations. The Sales Support Application Specialist primarily provides guidance to prospects by detailing product features, answering questions and acting as the point of contact throughout the application process, while delivering on team established KPIs and SLAs. Daily activities include providing application support, email/phone follow-ups, staying abreast of product/feature updates, and assisting prospective merchants with their Braintree questions. We need someone who is motivated by providing thoughtful solutions, has a successful track record (preferably with a technology focus) in customer service and/or sales, is excited by challenges, and can convey their emotions in GIFs.
- Provide expert advice and consultation for interested prospects on Braintree’s technology capabilities, product features, and benefits.
- Manage multiple channels of communication in a high volume environment.
- Act as the advocate and liaison for prospects throughout the application process, including providing recommendations for changes in business model and processes.
- Vet and qualify potential leads for the Mid-Market and Large Enterprise sales teams.
- Keep track of activities in Salesforce.com, including status updates and notes.
- Meet KPI goals and achieve daily SLA expectations
- Can creatively problem solve on their own while also working as a team to identify efficiencies in the onboarding process and drive the best experiences for our merchants.
- 1+ years experience in customer service or sales, B2B technology sales experience preferred
- Self starter with an unparalleled attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Comfort and experience working in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Confident communicator with excellent verbal and written ability
- Previous experience working with a CRM such as Saleforce.com
- Must be highly organized and easily adaptable
- Familiarity with the start-up ecosystem and the technology sector
- Experience in the payments industry a strong plus
- A desire to be a part of a sales process at a growing company
- Fluency in a second language is a plus
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.paypal-corp.com.