SUPPORT ENGINEER (Contract, Remote)
Decisiv is looking for talented support engineers to work remotely on a contract basis as we simultaneously grow our customer base outside of North America and update/expand our platform and its underlying technology stack.
We need great people to support Decisiv’s cloud-based Service Relationship Management (SRM) platform outside of North America and to help our Support team evolve from a co-located, startup-style, North-America-only team to a highly-professional, remote-first, worldwide Support organization.
What You’ll Be Doing
Decisiv Support is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first team, so you’ll likely acquire experience on a variety of technologies and support situations while working with us. That said, here are some things you’re likely to do as a Support Engineer:
- Handle complex support requests via email, telephone, live chat, or in-app
- Triage, troubleshoot, and document potential defects
Work with customers and partners to troubleshoot system integration problems
- Monitor platform performance and participate in incident response
- Interact with Decisiv’s Quality Assurance, Engineering, and Operations teams to resolve defects and incidents
Evaluate current and new Decisiv functionality and create written and visual content for knowledge base articles & videos, tool tips, and in-app walk-throughs
- Experiment! – our Support team, our platform, and our company are evolving, so everything can change.
- Academic or technical experience with:
- Common desktop and mobile operating systems
- Reading and interpreting API log files, regardless of source application
- Ability to clearly articulate complex thoughts in any situation, from having a technical discussion with an engineer to working with a non-technical user
- Ability to manage time and prioritize efficiently with limited oversight
- Experience creating ‘How To’ videos, knowledge base articles, walk-throughs, and similar content
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience (a degree is not required!)
- Proficient spoken and written communication skills in both American English and at least one of the following: Spanish, French, Swedish, or Japanese.
- Reliable access to an appropriate work environment a location where you can take telephone & video calls and record high-quality video & audio without interruption, distraction, or background noise
- A strong, stable broadband internet connection that can handle simultaneous Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) calls, streaming video, and comparable high-bandwidth applications (typically, 8 Mbps upload / 1.5 Mbps download at a minimum)
- Availability to work 40 hours per week and be “on-call” for select weekends (typically, one weekend every other month) within Decisiv Support’s hours of operations
Located full-time in one of the following locations or time zones:
- Gothenburg, Sweden
- Ageo, Japan
- Central Time
- Mountain Time
- Pacific Time
- Western European Time
- Central European Time
- Japan Standard Time
- Experience with maintenance & repair functions for commercial vehicles (or a comparable industry)
- Experience with Decisiv Support’s technology stack (e.g., Zendesk, github, Jira, Confluence, Slack, Zoom, New Relic, Pager Duty, StatusPage.io, Pendo.io)
- Proficient spoken and written communication skills in more than two languages (i.e., American English and two or more of Spanish, French, Swedish, Japanese, or other languages).
Why work with us?
- Our Support team is a small, tight-knit, and scrappy team that’s fixated on helping our users succeed. We value empathy, selflessness, action, transparency, clarity, and productivity/results. We invest in our team through get-togethers, group learning, conferences, and trying new things. We believe in bringing a diversity of experiences, knowledge, viewpoints, and voices to our team as we transform into a worldwide Support organization.
How to Apply
Does the role seem like a good fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Applying is easy. Just submit the following to email@example.com:
- Your most current resume
- Cover letter (see below for more details)
While applying is pretty easy, standing out among candidates does take effort. You see, it’s pretty hard (and very time consuming) for us to find the truly great candidates, so we ask you make it really obvious to us just how great you are. The easiest way to do that is to address the following questions/topics in your cover letter:
- What would you work on if you were given a month to do anything that would help users be successful with an application and need less help from Support?
- Why do you want to work in Support, and why would you be a great Decisiv Support Engineer?
- What are your career goals, and how does a Support role and working at Decisiv fit with those goals?
- If you have them, share examples of Support content you’ve personally created (e.g., How-To videos, knowledge base articles, FAQs, API documentation). Don’t have any of your own examples? Share some examples that you think are really good and tell us why.
To apply for this job please visit www.decisiv.com.