ABOUT SUPPORT DRIVEN AND SUMMIT
Support Driven exists to serve our community of customer support professionals. Along the way, we’ll transform the Customer Support industry.
We’re not here to maximize profits or shareholder value. We’re here to sustainably build products and services for the community. We don’t focus on growing the number of users — we focus on growing the value of what we do for the people in our community. We are not “go big or go home”, we are small and steady.
Summit leadership conference is one of our primary services to the community in 2018. It is a brand-new single-track, 2.5-day event that will focus on deep work through case studies, relationship-building breakout sessions, and knowledge-sharing through lightning talks.
PART TIME EVENT COORDINATOR FOR SUPPORT DRIVEN SUMMIT
We are looking for someone who cares about delivering a memorable experience to Summit attendees, not through flashy banners and fancy food, but through valuable content and facilitation. You will coordinate the logistics of Support Driven’s leadership Summit, which will be held September 17-19 in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Residing in the Boston area is a bonus but is not required.
The HubSpot team has graciously provided us with a space in their Cambridge HQ to hold the event. As Event Coordinator, you will work with their facilities team to handle day-of details and ensure a smooth, worthwhile, and advantageous experience for all attendees.
The coordinator will work with Support Driven leadership to handle on-the-ground organization before, during, and after the event. The coordinator will have the opportunity to attend the event, with transportation and housing provided by Support Driven.
- Be the pre-event Summit point of contact, including managing questions in Slack about the conference
- Coordinate volunteer-led initiatives, including program, schedule, and on-site volunteers
- Collaborate with and provide backup to volunteers (e.g. speaker wrangler, volunteer wrangler)
- Research housing and transportation options for attendees
- Coordinate floor plan, layout, food, & beverage with venue
- Communicate internally via email, Slack, Basecamp, and shared spreadsheets so that:
- Speakers and volunteers know their responsibilities, are supported, and have the information they need before they need it
- The organizing team knows at a glance where things are with Summit progress and what you (or others) are doing to carry things to completion
- Be the on-site go-to person for all things Summit at the event
Nice to have:
- Write copy for website communications
- Manage Summit website
- Manage event social media
- Post-event wrap-up communications
We’re looking for someone who is:
- An excellent communicator, especially via text. You will be working on a distributed team. Clear, frequent communication is vital to teamwork and to a successful event.
- Serious about deadlines.
- A doer: when you see something that needs done, you do it.
- Curious: when you’re not sure what to do or how, you’re not afraid to ask.
- Persistent: you know that sending a ping or an email is not always enough. You are inventive, and in case you don’t get an answer, you come up with a plan B and a timeline for executing it.
Duration and Compensation
This is a project-based position beginning immediately and ending September 21. We anticipate the responsibilities to take 10-15 hours a week, and compensation is a lump sum of $8,000 paid in two parts: half at the beginning of employment and half upon completion of Summit.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com. Tell us:
- Why do you want to be the Summit event coordinator?
- At a high level, what types of things would you take into consideration when approaching logistics for a 2.5 day event?
- Tell us about some experiences you’ve had that would be directly applicable to this position. What qualities did you rely on to make them a success?
- How would you approach a situation when someone you are depending on to complete a task is not responding to you?
Support Driven is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.