Over 8,000 businesses in 140 countries use Help Scout to serve their customers in the most human, helpful way. As a Customer Champion, you’re at the heart of what drives us — our customers. You’ll have a considerable impact on the company in a number of ways. You’ll be a mini-consultant, helping customers learn the best way to use HS for their needs. You’ll be a voice for the customer, ensuring the company is learning from customer experiences with the product (both good and bad!). And as a member of the Customers Team, you’ll help our team develop and refine systems to make sure we’re always improving.
We’re pleased to be searching for our fourteenth support team member at Help Scout. Our ideal hire is motivated by what we’re doing as a company, believes in the value of quality technical support, and is eager to contribute to the success of our customers. As someone who is first in line to help, your understanding of the product and our customers will be incredibly valuable.
About the role
The entire team works out of the main queue, so you’ll spend much of your day helping potential and current customers via email. If you’re curious to hear how our team works together, check out this webinar. While email support will be the majority of your day, everyone on the team helps out in Beacon chat, and you’ll also hop on impromptu calls with customers when needed.
You’ll become a expert in all areas of the product. You’ll troubleshoot potential bugs, document feature requests and collaborate with the rest of the team to help elevate the voice of the customer at Help Scout. We won’t overburden you with quotas, empty policies, or unnecessary procedures. Doing what’s in the best interest of the customer is at the heart of what we do. We’ll give you plenty of support to simply do what’s right, no questions asked.
We use the Support-Driven Growth model to create a company environment that puts the customer’s needs first as we expand. Sustainable growth for Help Scout is a byproduct of putting our customers and their needs first. The Customers team at Help Scout is a vocal and respected advocate for the customer, and we value strong collaboration with other teams, including Engineering and Product, Marketing, and People Ops. We care about your career development as a support professional. We’ll make sure you’re developing skills and knowledge that will serve you for years to come.
Just the facts
- This is a full-time, remote position. You’re someone who thrives working autonomously and don’t need much(if any) oversight to get things done.
- This job is Monday-Friday, 9a-5pm in your timezone – for this role, we’re looking for someone within timezones UTC-7 and UTC-12.
- We’re offering between $70,000-$81,000 USD per year for this role, depending on your prior experience.
- You value good old fashioned work ethic, day in and day out. You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
- You aren’t scared of a challenge. When you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better. Former teammates and managers would call you resilient and balanced.
- We work together as a team, and that means we encourage each other to improve as a team.
- You are self-sufficient and love the challenge of solving problems and learning new things.
- You have some experience working in Support or Success.
- You’re passionate about support and the important role it plays in a company, and you’re excited to build a customer-centric career.
- You welcome an environment where you can do great work independently.
- You’re patient, an active listener, and you’re naturally curious with a strong desire to learn.
- You’re an incredible communicator, fluent in written English.Your writing is clear and simple.
- Your empathy and self-awareness help you intuitively and proactively solve potential customer troubles. You’re a problem solver who goes out of their way to help people – always.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.