Over 8,000 businesses in 140 countries use Help Scout to serve their customers in a human, helpful way. As a Customer Champion, you’re at the heart of what drives us — our customers. You’ll have a considerable impact on the company in a number of ways. You’ll help customers learn the best way to use Help Scout for their team. You’ll be a voice for the customer, ensuring the company is learning from customer experiences with the product (both good and bad!). And as a member of the Customers Team, you’ll help our team develop and refine systems to make sure we’re always improving.
We’re pleased to be searching for our sixteenth support team member at Help Scout. Our ideal hire is motivated by what we’re doing as a company, believes in the value of quality technical support, and is eager to contribute to the success of our customers. As someone who is first in line to help, your understanding of the product and our customers will be incredibly valuable.
About the role
The entire team works out of the main queue, so you’ll spend much of your day helping potential and current customers via email. If you’re curious to hear how our team works together, check out this webinar. While email support will be the majority of your day, everyone on the team helps out in Beacon chat, and you’ll also hop on impromptu calls with customers when needed.
You’ll become an expert in all areas of the product. You’ll troubleshoot potential bugs, document feature requests, and collaborate with the rest of the team to help elevate the voice of the customer at Help Scout. We won’t overburden you with quotas, empty policies, or unnecessary procedures. Doing what’s in the best interest of the customer is at the heart of what we do. We’ll give you plenty of support to simply do what’s right, no questions asked.
Career Growth on the Customers Team
The Customers team is a vocal and respected advocate for the customer at Help Scout, and we value strong collaboration with other teams, including Engineering and Product, Marketing, Sales, and People Ops. We care about your career development as a support professional, and we’ll make sure you’re developing skills and knowledge that will serve you for years to come. To learn more about our team structure and opportunities for growth within the Customers team, check out this blog post: Career Paths for Customer Service Agents at Help Scout. As an example, here’s what a day in the life of our Customer Champion – Product Specialists looks like. We actively promote from within the Customers team – both for managers and specialists.
Just the facts
- This is a full-time, remote position. You’re someone who thrives working autonomously and don’t need much (if any) oversight to get things done.
- This job is Monday-Friday, 9a-5pm in your timezone – for this role, we’re looking for someone within timezones in the Americas (from UTC-10 to UTC-3).
- We’re offering between $71,000-$90,000 USD per year for this role, depending on your prior experience.
- You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
- You’re eager to take on challenges. When you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better. Former teammates and managers would call you resilient and balanced.
- We work together as a team, and that means we encourage each other to improve as a team. You are self-sufficient and love the challenge of solving problems and learning new things.
- You have some experience working in Support or Success. You’re passionate about support and the important role it plays in a company, and you’re excited to build a customer-centric career.
- You welcome an environment where you can do great work independently.
- You’re patient, an active listener, and you’re naturally curious with a strong desire to learn.
- You’re an incredible communicator, fluent in written English. Your writing is clear and simple.
- Your empathy and self-awareness help you intuitively and proactively solve potential customer troubles. You’re a problem solver who goes out of their way to help people – always.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.