At Help Scout, we build tools that enable more than 8,000 businesses in 140 countries to communicate with customers in the most human, helpful way. Our success to date has been the result of three things: crafting an excellent product, building a brand that aligns with the values of customer-centric companies, and advocating for customer service professionals.
As our first Account Manager, you’ll play a key role in supporting our larger customers while ensuring we’re delivering on our mission to help them provide excellent customer service. You’ll also have the opportunity to craft how we approach 1:1 Account Management in an authentic and customer-centric way.
About the role
- You’ll work to build 1:1 relationships with our larger customers. You’ll be their trusted advisor working alongside them to ensure they’re successfully achieving their goals with Help Scout.
- You’ll work with these customers to optimize their existing setup, understand current challenges, assist with facilitating change, and drive new feature adoption.
- When recommending an upgrade, you’ll advise the customer from the point of new feature education, all the way through successful implementation, making sure they’re setup for success.
- You’ll proactively monitor and manage annual renewals to ensure customers continue to get the most out of their annual plan.
- You’ll be responsible for establishing a meeting cadence with these accounts where you’ll act as their coach: documenting key contact roles, use cases, payment preferences, strategic goals, expected outcomes and overall health of the account.
- You’ll be responsible for reporting on learnings and valuable feedback to the rest of the team so that we can improve the product, prioritize the right features, and improve our 1:many customer success efforts.
- You’ll be proactively managing and reporting on upgrade/expansion/retention of your customer base to the finance team so that we can forecast accurately.
- You’ll play a key role in influencing or in some cases creating 1:many trainings and calls designed to help your smaller customers succeed, without always requiring a 1:1 call.
- You’ve worked as a customer success or account manager in a SaaS environment before.
- You love helping people win! It genuinely energizes you to work with customers to improve their business, even if it means our product isn’t the right answer.
- You are comfortable switching gears between in-the-weeds product questions to pricing negotiations and feel comfortable happy wearing several hats when it comes to sales, support, and account manager. You’ll be the point person on any one of them, mobilizing your team mates for support.
- You have a history of digging into challenges and opportunities first-hand to understand what’s going on, and then get jazzed about documenting what you’ve learned so(elements of it) can be automated and scaled.
- You can easily lose track of time geeking out reviewing data, working in Marketing Automation (HubSpot) and Sales Automation (Salesforce) tools. Mastering this stuff can be challenging, but you love it.
- You have experience building relationships and tracking key activities in Salesforce.
- You are an excellent communicator who can write and speak with empathy. Clear communication is super important in a remote culture like ours.
Who you’ll work with
- Tim Thyne, Head of Sales — You’ll work closely with him and Nancy on the strategy of this program. He’s worked with a lot of our larger customers in the past and will have a wealth of context to share as you get up and running. This role will report to Tim.
- Abigail Phillips, Head of Customers Team — Abigail has lead our company successfully scale our amazing support team; Abigail and her team continue to provide human, helpful responses while being Help Scout product experts.
- Mo McKibbin, Support-Driven Growth –– Mo has built the Support-Driven Growth initiative here at Help Scout over several years. She’s been key for smaller customers to get up and running with the product and will be a huge resource for you throughout your time here.
Help Scout is made by roughly 80 people in 40+ cities around the world, all with a passion for excellence in their craft. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences.
Since launching in April of 2011, Help Scout now powers 9,000+ support teams in over 140 countries. Our software is used and trusted by businesses of every shape and size.
Designed to go the distance
Our mission is to foster the world’s customer-centric businesses by providing tools that serve customers in the most human, helpful way. While growth is important, team and values are paramount. We’re always striving to do impactful work we’re proud of in lieu of chasing overnight success.
We’re builders without borders
Our entire team is free to work remotely from wherever they choose. We overcome remote challenges through transparency, trust, and video conferencing. The reward is worth the effort—we’ll take talent, skill, and diverse perspectives over local geography any day.
Above all, we want Help Scout to be a place where passionate people can do their very best work. You won’t find any ping-pong tables or kegerators here. Instead, you’ll be surrounded by driven, supportive teammates who will push you to be better. We take work/life harmony seriously, too, as we want every career at Help Scout to be a long and satisfying one.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it’s the right thing to do.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.