We’re a mission-driven company that brings easy-to-use, modern software to governments, and we need your help scaling up. Our focus is on making public records request process—sometimes referred to as Freedom of Information, FOIA, FOIL, or Right-to-Know requests—easier for both requesters and the governments who manage it. We’re looking for creative people who are excited about building tools to make the public sector more efficient, transparent, and responsive on a large scale.
For this position, we’re looking for somebody with a strong mix of technical, project management, and customer-facing experience. As a Customer Success Specialist, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that every NextRequest customer is positioned to get the most out of the software. You’ll onboard and train government agencies on how to use the NextRequest platform and be the main point of contact for new and existing customers. You’ll also pitch in on the product side: troubleshoot issues, test out new features, and gather feedback from customers that helps drive new development.
You’d be a good fit if you have:
- At least 2 years of experience doing customer support, project management, account management, or related roles. We want people who know what it takes to create an exceptional customer experience.
- Some technical background. We’re not looking for a technical degree but we would like some technical education and/or experience troubleshooting software.
- Managed a complex software rollout or equivalent project. You’ll be coordinating with multiple stakeholders and juggling a lot of moving parts. If you haven’t done a rollout like this before we’ll want to hear how your project management experience prepares you for this task.
- Clear, concise, and friendly verbal and written communication. You’ll be communicating daily with customers, whether it’s to conduct a training, answer questions by phone or email, or chat with them about their NextRequest experience and ways to make it even better. You’ll also be creating written and video guides for customers to use.
- An analytical approach to your work: you enjoy thinking through problems and identifying ways to improve processes. We’re growing fast and are looking for somebody who can not only execute on the processes we already have but come up with even better ones.
Extra points if you have:
- Worked for or with local governments
- Worked at a startup or in a similar fast-paced environment, where you have had to take initiative and wear many hats
- Experience working on a remote team, where you’re using online tools to collaborate with colleagues who are in different locations and time zones
What you will do:
- Onboard and train government agencies on the NextRequest software
- Coordinate ongoing account management of NextRequest customers
- Answer support questions from customers
- Troubleshoot customer issues and QA new features
- Create support guides and video tutorials
- Identify ways to increase customers’ engagement with NextRequest and ensure they get the most
- out of the software
- Take on additional tasks and projects as needed
We are a committed to a workplace that reflects our community and the communities that our customers serve. We especially encourage applicants who are underrepresented in the tech industry, including women, people of color, and LGBTQIA candidates.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.nextrequest.com/jobs-form →