We’re a startup based out of Waterloo, Canada building a smart, curious, and driven team that’s passionate about making software that helps sales reps sell better.
Prospect is a lead generation platform that intelligently sources contact data right inside of your web browser in real-time. The best sales teams from the top tech companies in the world use Prospect to crush their sales targets.
MORE ABOUT US
We’re currently a team of 7 people — you will be #8. We are profitable and self-funded (no VCs or investors). We did this because we want to do what’s best for our team and customers (not investors). We have sane working hours; we don’t work weekends, take ample time off, and work ~8 hours a day.
You genuinely enjoy helping, talking to, and being around people. You are empathetic are able to put yourselves in others’ shoes. You are calm and collected. You realize that customers may ask you about the same issues repeatedly. You know that things can go really wrong sometimes and are able to deal with “fires” without losing your cool. You’re self-managed and very well organized. You know that you will be joining an early stage startup and that will require wearing multiple hats while not losing track of the bigger picture. You believe that customer support is not just a chore but is rather an opportunity to make someone’s day.
HOW WE CURRENTLY DO SUPPORT
Our customer support is currently done by 1.5 people — our Customer Success Manager and our CEO. Our first line of support is our support email address. All support emails come into Help Scout into a shared queue. Every now and then we jump on a Zoom screen share or call a customer to further diagnose problems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will be helping us full-time with customer support. This includes doing things such as:
- Building meaningful relationships with customers
- Prioritizing tickets and answering them as soon as possible
- Hopping on screenshare calls to diagnose problems and educating users
- Working very closely with Engineering to get solutions rolled out
- Updating our FAQ, making training videos, and doing webinars
- Building and placing a process around Customer Support
- Analyze daily metrics and proactively reach out to customers regarding issues
Since you will be the face of our company to customers, you will also:
- Let the rest of the team know about any customers’ suggestions or feedback
- Regularly update our internal company wikis
We’re pretty relaxed when it comes to working hours. However, we’ve noticed that most customers contact us between 10am-6pm (UTC-5).
- 1 or 2 years of Customer Support or Customer Service experience
- Some basic technical chops (nothing advanced but you should be able to pick up technical troubleshooting concepts quickly)
- We don’t require any formal university or college education, but you should have demonstrated the ability to learn new things quickly
- Worked at a startup or a small company before
- Worked with Help Scout, Mixpanel, or Salesforce before
- Experience using Chrome extensions
- Basic programming (HTML, SQL) skills
COMPENSATION AND PERKS
- Salary: $45,000 – $55,000/year Canadian Dollars (based on years of experience)
- Work remotely or from our office in Waterloo — your choice
- Benefits (Health, Dental, etc) through our company HSA
- Catered lunches every day and snacks at the office
- Vacation travel spending allowance
- Laptop of your choice
To apply for this job please visit secure.collage.co.