SonicSensory is a consumer electronics startup based in Echo Park, Los Angeles. We are creating an innovative audio-immersive technology that will change the way people experience music, entertainment and gaming.
We are looking for someone to join our team as a Technical Support Lead to help us develop our support operations and assist with user testing before our December launch. Beyond that, the role will expand to fit the user and company’s needs; we are looking for someone to grow with us as we build this exciting product.
This role, reporting to the Manager, User Testing & Customer Support, serves the organization by working directly with users to ensure that they are successful with the product, communicating user feedback and pain points to our internal teams, and leading user-facing projects that help the team and company grow with our customers.
This is an excellent opportunity to be able to contribute to the early success of this product and its support program. It requires a high degree of energy and flexibility – change happens quickly at a startup, and the person who takes this role will need to to be comfortable in a fluid environment.
A successful candidate is:
Customer-centric and empathetic
Innovative and proactive
Adaptable and thrives in the startup environment
Committed and will persevere to see a project or task through
Accountable and responsible
Eager to learn and grow
The following are responsibilities that the Technical Support Lead is expected to take on immediately before and after launch. Responsibilities may evolve over time as the product and company matures.
- Work closely with the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) team to learn the technical components of the product and support user-facing testing
- Provide proactive, high-touch support to user test participants, VIPS, and early adopters
- Develop processes for troubleshooting and escalating technical issues internally
- Thoroughly log and score customer-reported bugs and issues before escalating to the engineers
- Write and maintain internal and external knowledge base articles based on testing insights and feedback
- Help to screen, hire and lead an internal team of team of Tier 1 & 2 technical support reps
Train new support hires to provide high quality support through multiple channels (chat, email, phone)
- Be the voice of the customer – articulate customer needs back through the organization
Work closely with the Manager of User Testing & Customer Support on all phases of building an internal support team
- Lead special projects and handle additional tasks that help the department and company achieve its goals
Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent organization skills and a keen attention to detail
- Experience working cross-functionally with technical teams
- Minimum 1 year experience training/coaching/leading peers or new hires
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2-4 years experience providing customer support for technical products (software/consumer electronics/hardware)
- Startup experience preferred
- Experience working in CRM and ticketing systems (i.e. Zendesk, Salesforce or other)
- Strong knowledge of MS software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and the G-Suite
- Experience working with other business software like Confluence, LucidChart and Jira preferred
- 401k plan with matching after 3 months
- Paid time off
- Sick days, paid holidays with 2 flexible holidays
- $150 reimbursed monthly parking/commuter budget
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com