Who We Are
Stencil is a small and fully bootstrapped team, dedicated to helping our users create beautiful looking images faster than ever. Over 4 million images have been created with Stencil we take a lot of pride in offering world-class customer service.
Over the past few years, we’ve refined Stencil and we’re currently looking for a Customer Support Specialist to help assist our growing user base. This would broadly include:
- Troubleshooting technical issues like bugs, browser issues, etc.
- Helping our users with the web app (providing tips, links to knowledge base articles, screenshots, etc.)
- Assistance with billing inquiries, credit card expiration, account cancellation, refunds, disputes.
As well as ensuring current customers are happy and any feedback is dealt with in a quick and friendly manner, you will also be responsible for trying to save customers from churning and helping them upgrade if they’re outgrowing their plan.
This is a fully remote email support position (ideally somewhere in continental US or Canada, Eastern Standard Time.)
Great written communication skills are particularly important. Initiative, self-motivation and good time management skills are also a must as we need to make sure customers are getting replied to quickly.
- Average ticket volume is 8-12 tickets/day at the time of this post (many are just cancellation requests)
- Certain tickets can be time sensitive and in some cases may come in on evenings or weekends. Our hope is that if it’s possible, you’ll be available to reply promptly in these cases, but use best judgement when deciding.
- Pay is $1000 USD /mo (contract) to start
- This position does not have set hours, but expect to spend 30-60 minutes per day on tickets, Monday – Sunday.
- Being the first point of contact for existing and prospective customers via our support desk (We use Help Scout).
- Knowing our web application inside out.
- Updating and refining our knowledge base and support documentation.
- Offering guidance including screencasts and screenshots for customers.
- Assisting customers promptly via our helpdesk.
- Certain tickets are time sensitive and need to be answered as they come in. This will mean handling some tickets weekends and evenings as this role does not have set hours.
- Capturing and documenting relevant feedback from users.
- Identifying patterns in support requests and escalating where necessary.
- Keeping up to date with Stencil product updates and changes.
- You’re a genuinely nice person who is great to work with, respectful, and always puts the customer’s interest first.
- You have experience in technical support, helping people use web-based applications. Specifically SaaS or other subscription businesses.
- You love to communicate! This is email support mostly so great written skills are crucial. You also just like talking to people and helping!
…Really nice to have:
- You’re familiar with image editing software, image formats, how pixels work and a basic understanding of graphic design.
- Experience working on support for other modern SaaS companies.
- You have experience using the Stripe dashboard.
How to apply?
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject: “Support Driven Job Post”, and a link to your LinkedIn profile.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org