Send money with love
In 2017, one billion immigrants worldwide sent over $600 billion home to family and friends, dwarfing foreign governmental aid. In the age of cheap, quick transfers through services like Paypal and Venmo, these people are trekking to stores to pay fees averaging over 7% for transfers that typically take 24 hours or more.
Wave‘s mission is to change that by making sending money anywhere in the world easy and affordable. Since 2014, our app has allowed Africans in the US, the UK, and Canada to send money instantly to mobile money wallets in Kenya, Uganda, & Tanzania, saving our users over 70% relative to Western Union and MoneyGram.
We recently launched remittances to Ghana, where we’re growing quickly, and are looking to rapidly expand throughout Africa in the next year. That’s where you come in…
How you’ll help us achieve it
“You should take extraordinary measures not just to acquire users, but also to make them happy” – Paul Graham
Delighting our users is a core value at Wave. Excellent customer support is essential to this, but difficult to scale. We’re looking for someone with experience running and scaling a customer service team so that we continue to wow our users as we expand to new markets.
In your first few months, you’ll:
- Be responsible for seeing that our users receive the best possible experience when they contact us via phone, text or email. We get over 15,000 calls and texts each month!.
- Grow, train, and evaluate our English-speaking Support Team, made up of 17+ hourly employees.
- Turn your team into a feedback mechanism to help us improve both our internal and external product at an ever faster rate.
- Build a French-speaking support team sourced out of Senegal to service our upcoming France to Senegal corridor.
- Work with our Head of User Experience and Risk Support Manager to set metrics-based performance goals for your team. You’ll then craft processes and feedback loops to help your team achieve these.
- Create and perpetuate a Support Team culture centered on empathy for and empowerment of our users and transparent and constructive collaboration within the team.
- Coordinate with our Internal Tools team to ensure the Support Team has the resources it needs to serve our users.
- You have a high-level of proficiency in both English and French.
- You’ve had at least three years experience leading and scaling customer service teams that offer support over the phone.
- You feed off interacting with people and getting the best out of them.
- You possess an analytical mind and enjoy looking at data to both track trends and develop your team.
- You’re passionate about Wave’s mission, and excited to do what needs to be done to reach our customer experience goals.
Our company, including our support team, is 100% remote. You can be based anywhere in, or between, CST and GMT+2 timezones.
- We are a distributed group of six engineers and twelve operations team members spread across three continents who are deeply passionate about our mission.
- Each quarter, we go on a five-day retreat together. In 2018, we’ve been to Vancouver, Lisbon and Austin.
- We play in bands, teach dance classes, run Vipassana retreats, played semi-pro basketball, and built tools to help Doctors’ Without Borders respond to the Ebola crisis.
- We’re backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital firms and investors.
How to apply
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. If interested, please send our Head of Growth, Taryn McKenzie Mohr (email@example.com), a resume as well as a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and how you meet the following requirements:
- English and French fluency
- At least three years experience leading and scaling customer service teams that offer phone support
Applicants who do not meet these criteria will not be considered.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org