for Learn User Support participants
SD Expo Europe Scholarship
Support Driven and Automattic are partnering to offer a scholarship to attend SD Expo Europe 2019 in Belgrade, Serbia (April 1-2, 2019). The scholarship will be awarded by the scholarship committee on the basis of:
- Responses to questions on the application form
- Demonstrated engagement with the course material
- Potential for gains in professional development through attendance at the Expo
The scholarship award includes:
- Admission to SD Expo Europe 2019
- Travel expenses to and from your home city to Belgrade, Serbia
- Hotel accommodation for 3 nights (March 31, April 1, and April 2)
- A stipend for meals for 4 days (March 31 – April 3)
- You must be a student in the course who was registered by January 25, 2019.
- You must have completed content at least through Unit 4.
- You must have a valid passport and no need to apply for a Serbian visa (this varies by country).
- You must submit the application form no later than February 15.
Expectations for the scholarship:
- It is expected that you will arrive in Belgrade on March 31 and depart on April 3. If you would prefer your flight to arrive and depart on different days, we may be able to accommodate that. However any additional travel expenses (food, accommodation) will be your own. The intent is for this scholarship to represent a professional development opportunity, not a travel opportunity.
- It is expected that you will attend a full day of talks and workshops (9am – 5pm) on both days of the conference. Any friends or family members who may travel with you will not be allowed entry into the conference without purchase of their own ticket.
How to apply:
Fill out the application form no later than February 15, 2019. The scholarship committee will announce the award by February 22, 2019.
Visa requirements – please read this carefully:
When awarding the scholarship, we will need to take into account your ability to freely travel to Serbia. In order to apply for the scholarship, you must already have a passport valid through October 2019 and be eligible for a visa without advance application. Some travelers, from India for example, do not need to apply in advance for a Serbian visa. Travelers from other countries may not have sufficient time to apply for a required visa. An exception to this is if you have previously obtained a visa to visit the US or the UK. Serbia accepts a US/UK visa in lieu of applying for a Serbian visa, for many countries. You can check what is required for visitors from your country at this page. Preference for the scholarship will be given to a participant who already meets Serbia’s visa requirements. We are so sorry for those of you who may be excluded by this and we wish it were different.